As well as providing general medical services, the practice offers:-
- family planning
- cervical smears
- child health surveillance
- minor surgery
- travel immunisations
- joint injections
We offer and encourage patients to have health checks as follows:
- New Patients -as soon as you register with us
- Patients over the age of 75 - once a year unless you are being seen regularly
- All patients - every three years if you have not been seen for another reason.
The Practice Nursescarry out a wide range of nursing procedures at the Practice. They are also specially trained in conducting
- a wide variety of well-person screening (including cervical smears)
- giving health promotional advice
- monitoring long-term medical conditions
- providing contraceptive advice.
They are supported by the Assistant Practitioners and phlebotomist who are trained to take blood samples, blood pressure monitoring and general health checks.
Health Visitors are general Nurses with further training in health care for all ages, but especially families with young children. They offer a service at home or at the Practice or Swinton Clinic. They can be contacted between 9.00am -5.00pm Monday to Friday on 0161 212 5100
The District Nurseworks with your Doctor and performs nursing procedures at their clinic or at home for housebound patients. They can be contacted at Swinton Clinic on 0161 212 5110.
The Midwife carries out antenatal checks and operates the booking-in clinic for the hospital. She is available each Tuesday or Wednesday.
There are numerous other services provided at The Poplars Medical Centre by Salford PCT and Salford & Trafford Mental Health Trust, including podiatry, psychology and alcohol services.